Leonard,

Thanks for the url.  It looks like I made a change in the "Lead" which,
accroding to 'Maximum RPM' isn't used for much ...

Thanks again

Richard

======

Hi Richard,

> I thought that rpm's --checksig ran md5sum and gpg on the entire rpm file
> except the embedded signatures) but that doesn't seem to be the case,
> else rpm --checksig would have 'seen' the change.

 The header is not included in the file length tag, so I presume it also isn't
checksummed. Have a look at http://www.redhat.com/docs/books/max-rpm/max-rpm-
html/s1-rpm-file-format-rpm-file-format.html . Note that the rpm file
structure is not fully up to date, but it might give you a general idea of how
things work.

Bye,
Leonard.