I want to instal gnome-2.0 from sources (I only got the sources, and a
dial-up conexion, so don't tell me about the rpm's) and I am stuck at
compiling Orbit2-2.4.0 . My compiler is gcc-3.0.2, with the CFLAGS
-O3 -march=athlon  -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -fforce-mem
-fforce-addr -finline-functions
        Runing
./configure --prefix=/opt/gnome-2.0/
--includedir=/opt/gnome-2.0/include/glib-2.0 , I have the following
error:
(---cut-here----)
checking for popt.h... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking alignment of CORBA_octet... 0
configure: error: Failed to find alignment. Check config.log for details
        Well, what should I do ? Did I forget to instal some package or what ?
/opt/gnome/2.0/lib is in the /etc/ld/so/conf/, ldconfig run after every
package's compilation, /opt/gnome-2.0/bin is in the path, so what's the
problem ? I have allready instaled the following packages:
pkgconfig-0.12
glib-2.0.4
gtk+-2.0.5
gtk-engines-1.9.0
libxml2-2.4.22
libxslt-1.0.18
libIDL-0.8.0
        and now I am stuck at Orbit. What should I do ?

--
Mugurel Tudor ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Linux Registered User:  212231