Bret Hughes wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 14:59, Jeff Bearer wrote:
> > There is little around about trying to get Linux to use a cell phone as
> > a modem, so I figured I'll post my experience so it will be documented
> > for others.
> >
> > It works, piece of cake.
> >
> > I used the Kyocera 2035a and the serial data cable sold by kyocera.  It
> > behaves like any normal modem.  Set it up as you would any modem and you
> > are good to go, at a blazing 14.4 kbps.
> >
> > I know it seems pointless posting just to say that something works as
> > advertized, but for people looking to buy the cable/phone etc. it should
> > give them peice of mind.
>
> Not pointless at all.  I appreciate it.  now I wonder if it would work
> on my nokia 5160.Hmm  ...
>
> Is this a feature of the kyocera or do most cellphones have this
> ability?
>
> Bret
>
> --

This is really going to start a fad...
begin:vcard
n:Chan;Arthur
tel;work:1.718.633.5892
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.saysit.com
org:SAYS I.T.
adr:;;234 E 2nd Street;Brooklyn;New York;11218-2314;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Senior Partner
note;quoted-printable:This message and all attachments are confidential.=0D=0AThey are meant solely for the addressee.=0D=0AAny authorised use or dessemination is prohibited.=0D=0AEmails are liable to unauthorised alterations.=0D=0ANeither SAYS I.T. nor any of its partners or subsidiaries or affiliates=0D=0Ashall be responsible for the message if altered, changed or falsified.
x-mozilla-cpt:;25408
fn:Arthur Chan
end:vcard