On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 01:27, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> My flash reader may not be supported. I am including some info I
> found while searching the web for my model # and the word linux. It
> turned up the info below but I have no idea what it means.
> Jeff Hine

Okay, sorry. I should have picked up on this before. I went back and
looked at your original post to see if you told us specifics about the
device you have. You said zynet cr-z2-uc. I just checked the USB devices
page http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/ for zynet and nothing showed up.
Just as a sanity check, I tried sandisk and a bunch of things showed up.
So that's the problem, your specific device is not supported.

The information you posted from the article you found while searching
for your model number is a patch to the kernel. And it's a patch to a
version of the kernel later than the one you are running. It's possible
we can help you get this to work, but it means installing the kernel
sources on your system, seeing if we can retro-fit the patch to the 7.2
kernel, applying the patch, then building a new kernel. This is a pretty
complicated process. And there is at least one place in the process
where if we make a mistake, your system could be rendered unbootable
(except from a boot floppy or rescue disk).

It would be easier for you to buy a device that is supported, and you
have to decide whether the cost is worth it, how much of a risk you want
to take, and how much you want to fiddle with Linux.

Linus