I believe KDE has an "autostart" file that is created each users home
directory (at least on RH7.3 anyway). This is simply a text file that
lists all programs that should start when KDE does for example the
autoload file that mounts CDs when they are inserted into the drive.

I am not in front of my Linux machine at the moment, but if I can find
the exact path to where they are, I will post again.

Regards

Lee