I installed Redhat linux 7.3 without openssh-server. I then downloaded
and installed openssh-server-3.1p1-6. However, when I started sshd via
/sbin/services sshd -start, I could not connect to my machine from any
other machine. I always get
"FATAL: Connecting to bp6.stat.rice.edu failed: Connection Refused"

I believe that my ssh-server is installed and running since I can ssh
localhost. My ssh client is working OK since I can connect to other
machines. I checked /etc/ssh/sshd_config (I was told that I need to
change nothing.) and found nothing wrong. I also checked
/etc/hosts.allow and ...

Where else might I do wrong?

Thanks.
Bo