On Fri, 2002-08-16 at 20:04, Rob Emanuele wrote:
> I've got a dual PII 500MHz as a router in my office.  Its running
> RH7.2 and routing to its heart's content.  No filtering,
> masquerading, etc.; it's just passing internal packets around our
> subnets.
>
> I can only seem to get about 2Mbits/sec.  That seems pitiful.
> I'm using DEC Tulip cards as my interfaces.
>
> Any kernel or card params that can help speed things up?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob

That is really low indeed because according to last month's Linux
Journal magazine a generic Pentium III based router should be able to
attain sustained throughput to the maximum on a 100mbps line....
something like a sustained 90mbps or something like that.  I have a AMD
K6-200 that does way better than 2mbps!  And that's the stock Redhat 7.3
kernal with IPTables.

Anthony