on Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 09:55 AM -0700, Robert Vaughn ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> How do I identify hard drive type, brand, model, IDE, SCSI?  I've
> looked at fdisk and sfdisk and they provide partition information but
> apparently not the HW type.  And what about getting drive capacity in
> MB rather than blocks?

The surefire method is to pull the drive &/or card and look at them.

Otherwise, dmesg, /proc/pci, /proc/scsi, lspci, and related.

For capacity in MiB:

   ( cylinders * 16065 * 512 ) / 1048576

(for a typical disk)

Cheers.

--
Karsten M. Self                                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
FreeRun Technologies                               Sr. Systems Administrator

  FORTH IF HONK THEN