-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Keith Morse
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 2:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: How do I log when using 'xterm'?

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Linh Huynh wrote:

> Thank you for your reply.  But when I do 'xterm -help' Linux
> tells me that '-l, -lf' are not supported:
>
> xterm -help
> XFree86 4.0.1h(149) usage:
>     xterm [-options ...] [-e command args]
>
> where options include:
>     -/+l                         turn on/off logging (not supported)
>     -lf filename                 logging filename (not supported)
>
> Do you have any other ideas?
>
> - Linh Huynh -

Yes, try my original suggestion.   "command --help" doesn't always give
you every option available.  Given that xterm is a core port of XFree86, I
don't think that the source for xterm will be significantly different from
one linux distribution than the next, and therefore the option list will
be the same.