If you are only getting one IP address at a time, then you're better off just
referencing the outside interface (ppp0, I believe, for PPPoE) you rules,
instead of the IP address.

I'm running off of a cable modem, too, but mine is straight DHCP.  Still, by
only referencing the interface, and not the IP address, I'm able to keep
right on chugging, in spite of IP address changes.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS