Intuition and lots of experience tells me it's likely bad RAM.

If you have more than one DIMM of RAM, take all but one out...if
it still doesn't work, swap the DIMMS until you find a good one.

If it was a bad harddrive it would be likely that you'd get some
sort of error message...

-Sam

--
Sam Ockman, Chairman and CEO
Tel:  415-358-2600   Fax:  415-896-6742   Toll Free:  888-PENGUIN