I have a webserver that I do a tar.gz operation on everyday.  That backup
is stored locally on the machine and I can unzip and access the archive and
it's contents with no problems.  At the same time, I ftp that backup to a
remote machine.  However after the operation, when I try to unzip or access
that remote backup, I get:

invalid compressed data--format violated

Both machines are running RH7.1.  If anyone can give me some insight into
this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.
Steveo (aka Haiku)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.linuxhaiku.com