On Sun, 2002-08-25 at 23:45, Van Den Abeele Kristof wrote:

> But when I try to get an 'ls' ( or other command ) , I recieve following error :
>
> 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,123,163,189,132)
> 425 Possible PASV port theft, cannot open data connection.
>
> P.S. : the ftp is not running on the standard port , but I don't think this is the
>problem because i am able to logon.
> Of course I use ftp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx yyyy ( with yyyy the new portnumber )
> I'v made changes to the portstandard with linuxconf.

First of all:  You already gave us the IP of the server in the error
messages, you can quit trying to hide the IP's of the clients and
server.  FTP is sensitive to that sort of thing, and the IP of the
client and server would be helpful information, as would the description
of any firewall in between them.

If you've modified /etc/ftpaccess using linuxconf, post it.  We don't
know what linuxconf has done.