Hello all,

I just did a clean install of RH7.3 on an old Dell notebook.  (It was
previously running 7.1, no prob.)  After the install, everything was
working just fine.  I was fiddling w/ settings, customizing and such,
and I changed some settings in the KDE 'Control Center' having to do w/
booting up directly into KDE without requiring a password. (That's the
only thing I can think that I might have done to cause this.)

Anyway, the error message I'm getting is:

Fatal Server Error: cannot open log file "/var/log/XFree86.0.log"

I tried starting X as root w/ the same result.  The log file is there
where it's supposed to be and has the following permissions:

-rw-r--r--  1  root  root    28319  Aug 26 20:01 XFree86.0.log

I'm at a loss here.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Joe