Greetings,

I'm trying to run a 2 port Apache (port 80 and 8000) in the cleanest way
possible, meaning the least amount of hacking configs. I saw in
/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd a var for $OPTIONS but I couldn't track down what
this was (does it source something in /etc/sysconfig? If so, what?). I know
I'll at least have to do this "ServerRoot /etc/httpd-8000" and modify the
httpd.conf there but why should I have to create another init script
/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd-8000 and move the pidfile elsewhere...

In sum my question is this: Has anyone written a howto on running Apache on
multiple ports on Red Hat? I don't mean to ask *how* this is done (I know
that), but rather what's the neatest, most modular, least config file
rewriting way of doing this?

For the lazies and chronically tidy out there you'll see I'm trying to
remain as vanilla valhalla as possible with my install. I want to have to
change as little as possible to do this.

Cheers,
-zeek