On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Aly Dharshi wrote:

>       I think that Qmail maybe secure but its a stagnant application. It has to
> be patched to get various things to work, I don't know about Postfix its
> used by a number of persons, when I looked at it last when choosing
> there wasn't any LDAP features builtin. Sendmail was one of the first
> smtp server programs, it has alot of features but the ease of

Hold on there a second, hoss. Just because qmail doesn't suffer from
"feature of the week" doesn't mean development is stagnant. The old adage
applies, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

There are patches that people have made available IF and ONLY IF you
actually want/need the additional features. I may differ with the author
on his licensing terms, but the patch system works well; if I need a
simple null relay, one package and I'm there. If I need to auth against
LDAP, virus scan every mail, black hole some servers and have email swiss
cheesed before it hits the inbox, a few well chosen patches and done. Or
better yet, I roll my own code to do it, qmail makes that easy.

$.02

Bill Carlson
--
Systems Programmer    [EMAIL PROTECTED]         | Anything is possible,
Virtual Hospital      http://www.vh.org/      | given time and money.