From: "Reuben D. Budiardja" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I am trying to use FTP to backup my files to another machine. I want this
> be automated via cron, so I need a 'non-interactive' way. What can I use
> do this, and how?
> I've looked through the man page for ftp and ncftp, but have not found the
> non-interactive way, so that I can just put in one command to copy files.

some time ago I used a program called ftpbackup or something like that...
I think I had found it at freshmeat.net..

now I'm making backups via scp, by making it not ask for passwd from certain
hosts
to do this you have to import one host identity to another to the ssh's
authorized_keys file

this can be a security risk, be sure to know what you are doing, and how to
block access in order to let it be done only from the hosts you want..

but there are many other backup tools
in freshmeat you'll probably find many of them..

regards,

juaid