On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 17:25, Mike Burger wrote:
> You'll need to run rhn_register, again...putting in the same username and
> password, with which you originally registerd.
>
> Well, you could start a new RHN account, if you want, but using the
> existing account is cleaner, all around.

I'm having a very bad Redhat week.  I originally installed Redhat 7.0 on
my work machine, then upgraded to 7.3 using discs from
Linuxcentral.com.  I ran Redhat Network under 7.0, but was unable to
register 7.3 under the same username -- I'm not sure why, I don't
remember now.

Yesterday, I was struggling with an installation of postgresql -- I
didn't realize that it installed with connections disabled -- so I tried
to use up2date and got a busy signal.  Like a sap, I then went to the
Redhat site and bought a basic service for $60. typed in my usual (in
this case OLD) username and password and now have service for a system
which doesn't exist.  How can I get Redhat Network to recognize my
current machine so I can use my basic service?  Should I uninstall RHN
and try reinstalling under my old username?

Thanks for any help.