I have setup an RH7.2 NFS and NIS server for user accounts and home
directories. The client machines are a mixture of HPUX, Linux, Solaris,
IRIX, SCO OpenServer, SCO Unixware, NonStopUX, and Tru64 machines. It's been
running nicely for about 9 months now.

I have set the NFS rsize and wsize parameters to 8192 because this given as
the optimum value in some (old) NFS FAQ that I read.

I'm just curious whether this is still regarded as the best value to use
given that hardware and software have improved since the FAQ was written.
I've noticed that Solaris uses 32768 for Jumpstart installs.

Phil Skuse
Unix System Administrator
Vicorp Group Limited