Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a pickle, deleted some files off a Red Hat 7.2 box running
Samba, and I need to retrieve the files before everybody starts logging in
and overwriting them tomorrow morning!!

I can go in to debugfs and with lsdel can see lots of undeleted files, but
it's taking far far too long to restore them, time is running out!!

So, throwing myself at everybody's mercy, can anbody please help me in a
hurry with something?!!

I presume in theory what I want to do is....

run fsdebug auto-opening the filesystem and performing an lsdel command
grabbing the returned inode numbers
performing a cut to return just the first field
running fsdebug again but this time passing it an inode no. to undelete (and
a new filename!)

but can I knock up something to do that in a few hours? Maybe in a few
weeks!! :(

so if anybody would take pity, I'd be most grateful!

Regards,

Greg Conway.

This electronic transmission and any files attached to it are strictly
confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you are not
the intended addressee, you must not disclose, copy or take any action
in reliance of this transmission. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify us by return and delete the same.
Further enquiries/returns can be posted to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Thank you.