On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Martín Marqués wrote:

> On Vie 30 Ago 2002 19:47, Brian Lucas wrote:
> > I have added the following to my httpd.conf (2.0.40) file for php over RH
> > 7.2:
> >
> > AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .inc
> >
> > and restarted Apache.
> >
> > However, files with .inc still show the whole code in the browser and
> > aren't parsed by php.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
>
> Why would you want to parse .inc files? rename them to php if they should be
> parsed.

.inc files are supposed to be included into .php files, not served
directly.  This is dangerous, as more comples PHP applications often have
private information in them about the system they run on.

But if you are determined to do this, you need an AddHandler line too.

DDDD   David Kramer         [EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://thekramers.net
DK KD  "Always listen to the experts.
DKK D  They'll tell you what can't be done and why.
DK KD  Then do it."
DDDD                                                         Robert Heinlein