Hi rhers,

I currently learn backing up and restoring my data.
I used cpio to backup my /usr partition as is:
find /usr print0 | cpio -ovc > /home/User/Backup/usr_bkp02092002

I delete intentionly /usr as root.
Now, cpio -idvm < /home/User/Backup/usr_bkp02092002 doesn't
restore my partition and so I lost my Xwindow and more...
Maybe, the find command didn't "find" the quite good files.
I can't test on my system cause no more /usr !! no more find !!

Now I've got the following
INIT: Id "x" respawning too fasr: disabled for 5 minutes.

So 2 questions.
How do I recover my /usr backup and what does this message
mean ?

Thank you for helping,
olé
ism
RedHat 7.2 - Dell PowerEdge 2500 - RAID 1