On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 12:43, Claude Angéloz (Mailing Listes Linux)
wrote:
> I guess that it should be enough to integrate this option at the GRUB time
> (no driver update needed), but I don't know how (append parameter ? other ?)

>From the grub menu:
Select the kernel you want to boot, and hit 'e' to edit the
configuration.  Select the line that lists the kernel and its arguments,
and hit 'e' again to edit the line.  Add " apic" to the line and hit
"enter" to finish.  Finally, hit 'b' to boot.

In the configuration file (/boot/grub/grub.conf), you'll see the same
lines as those in the boot menu.  Add your option there for a more
permanent fix.