Super - what about DNS servers, where do I change those? And in my
'ifcfg-eth0' theres no entry for the default gateway, where do I find this?

/Søren

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]På vegne af Emmanuel Seyman
Sendt: 2. september 2002 14:17
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emne: Re: Newbie - How do I move my Radhat to another network?

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 01:46:15PM +0200, Søren Neigaard wrote:

> I'm running Redhat 7.2 without X-windows, and now I want to move it to
> another network with another IP (static), netmask and so on.

The file you want to edit is /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
(if the IP address is the first ethernet interface).

If you want to change the machine's hostname, you'll need to edit
/etc/sysconfig/network

> How do I do this, shall I make some changes in one ore more files (which
> files then), or can I use a tool for this?

I believe the text-based program to change network info is called netconfig.

Emmanuel