>> Silly question; How to remove a user and his home dir.
> userdel

Actually, userdel -r <logname> will, according to the man page, will
also remove their home directory and their mail spool. BE SURE that
you don't want to save anything they've done, first. At various jobs
I've had, when one of the folks leaves, I tend to tar their home directories
first, in case they had some code or files that they forgot to tell us
about that we needed. Those tarred files I'd keep for six months
or so, at which point we figured that we didn't need anything in 'em,
and then deleted them.

        mark
--
"You may not be interested in war, but war is
interested in you." -- Leon Trotsky

"You may not be interested in politics, but
politics is interested in you." - mark roth