John,

> I am planning to deploy a multiple server configuration and have a
> requirement to control user accounts, passwords, and system resources
> from a central directory.
>
> LDAP seems to satisfy this requirement. I'm interested in any
> opinions/experiences regarding LDAP as a central authentication server.

LDAP is the more powerfull option availabe, but you won't be able to use any nice
front-end like linuxconf, webmin, the Red Hat User Manager, etc. It'll take some time
and effort to deploy LDAP specially if hou have not used it before...

NIS is a much easier setup and allow you to use most easy admin front-ends.

[]s, Fernando Lozano