I use the mii-tool to change my card settings, but I think if you add the
same info from the cl to the modules.conf file, it will work. Try that...

The mii-tool command is

mii-tool eth<#ofCard> -F 100baseTx-FD

do a mii-tool --help to get the list...

Then, I think you can just add the 100baseTx-FD to the modules.conf file,
but i'm not sure if you will need additional arguments.

Hope this helps..

Joe