Hi. !
Thanks all, especially to James Pifer. Actually they do work, but ....
On the other hand, I picked them up last week on a whimp to test them (
I was after the specials on h/d  - they were throwing 40G Maxtors and
WD's at u for less than US$90  ) .
They costed me less then US$10 each , paltry sums that neither 3Com nor
Cisco would entertain!
I can now recycle an old cpu instead of buying a router  : I was
thinking of one for each subnet - something to do on bad Sundays...
Actually, there are lots of uses for old MMX and PII and Celeron's ...