On Sun, 2002-09-08 at 15:08, Carl Brown wrote:
> The installation instructions in the docs are highly defective,
> and were last modified three and a half years ago, according to the ftp
> server at CMU.
> coda-doc-5.2.0-1.noarch.rpm  (which shows modified 03/12/99)

http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/pub/coda/doc/coda-manual.tgz
Modified 14-May-2002 according to FTP.  Maybe useful?  Maybe not... I
don't know.

> Should I just --nodeps them and go?

You'd be a lot better off getting the src.rpm packages and using
'rpmbuild --rebuild' to produce packages for your own platform.
--nodeps would probably produce non-functional binaries.

> Or should I look for another network filesystem?

Maybe.  There's also InterMezzo:
http://www.inter-mezzo.org/