Dear all,

        i want to make a read-optimized ldap for accounts and privileges and other
read-objects,
i want to use the openldap which install with RH RPM package. however, i do not
succeed, and,
it's echo comes differ from the documents.

   I edit the itmes in /etc/openldap/slapd.conf

suffix "dc=mydomain,dc=com"
rootdn "cn=Manager,dc=mydomain,dc=com"
rootpw secret
directory /var/lib/ldap
then run /sbin/slapd,with port 389 response for telnet£»

run command for basic search
ldapsearch -x -b '' -s base "dc=mydomain,dc=com" '(objectclass=*)' namingconectext
return;

output as:

version: 2

#
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: namingContexts
#

#
dn:
namingContexts: dc=mydomain,dc=com

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

seems ok, then i edit Manager.ldif£º
dn: dc=mydomain,dc=com
objectClass: dcObject
objectclassrganization
o: mydomain
dc: mydomain
dn: cn=Manager,dc=mydomain,dc=com
objectClassrganizationalRole
cn: Manager
however, i can not found the program as ldif2ldbm£¬ anyway, i run :
ldapadd -x -D 'cn=Manager,dc=mydomain,dc=com' -W -f /root/Manager.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
(once i enter the password as 'secret', it will quit, no enter then return, seems ok)
echo:
adding new entry "dc=mydomain,dc=com "
ldap_add: Undefined attribute type
additional info: dn: D?
ldif_record() = 17

seems add failure, that is all, i can not go any more, how i can continure? what is
wrong?

i search follow throug in www.openldap.org, it is weak of beginner how-to
which gentleman can tell me where is my wrong?

thanks,
fredeirck

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡[EMAIL PROTECTED]