On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 11:23:46AM -0400, Paul Greene wrote:
> I need a quick little factoid for something related to work. Does anyone
> know the exact number of virus that exist for Linux?
>
> (If not the *exact* number, then plus or minus, say, 2 or 3)

Plus or minus 2 or 3, that would be zero.  I've only ever heard of one,
I forget the name, and I don't think it was ever seen in the wild.  The
problem is that you need to be logged in as root to do much damage, and
that's not how linux users use their computers.  Windows, on the other
hand...

I've only heard a story like this once, and it was from some clueless
mcse who never used a non-microsoft operating system.