Here's a good opportunity for you to learn how to compile and install source
code on your RedHat box.

Go to <http://www.tcpdump.org/>

Download the current tar.gz files (both tcpdump and libpcap) from the site
to your linux box.  Then from the command line:

1. Make a source directory where you will compile these programs.
2. Copy both files into this directory.
3. Change into the directory where the two files are.

4. Expand the tar g'zipped files:
tar -zxf tcpdump-current.tar.gz
tar -zxf libpcap-current.tar.gz

5. Change directory into tcpdump-2002.09.11
cd tcpdump*

6. Run the configuration script.
./configure

7. Compile (or make) the program.
make

8. Install the program into the appropriate directories.
make install     (you may have to su root for this step)

9. Read how to use the program.  And Execute it!
Then read the man pages for tcpdump (man tcpdump).  See
<http://www.linuxninja.com/linux-admin/x1842.html> for additional help.

Good Luck!

Trevor.
<http://www.gnuguy.com>