Hi folks,

just running into a problem with autofs:

I need exported filesystems from our NFS-Servers listed under
/net/<host>/<filesys>. (The behaviour of Solaris)
I got it working with the old automountd amd, and also found something in
the autofs-howto. (See my autofs-config-files below)
But, this works only for "one-level"-exports, i. e. when a server exports
for example /tmp, I can see it on my Linux Box as /net/<server>/tmp.
When the server exports for example /export/home (our home-dires reside
there on a central NFS-Server), a "ls /net/<server>/export/home fails, since
autofs tries to mount <server>:/export first, and then
<server>:/export/home. Since the server doesn't export /export, the mount
fails with a "permission denied".
I'm sure there's an easy solution for this, but I can't get it working...
I'm using RedHAT 7.3, installed "out of the box".

Thanks for any help,

kind regards,

Harald Husemann
Harald Husemann
Systems Engineer
Teammanager Unix administration and Configuration Management
Materna Gmbh - Voßkuhle 37 -
D-44141 Dortmund, Germany
Phone:  +49-231-5599-8684
Mobile: +49-179-2300651

My current config looks like this:

auto.master:
# Sample auto.master file
# Format of this file:
# mountpoint map options
# For details of the format look at autofs(8).
/misc   /etc/auto.misc
#/net   program:/etc/auto.net
#/net    /etc/auto.net        rw,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192
/net    /etc/auto.net

auto.net:
*       -fstype=autofs,-Dhost=&,-Dprefix=/&     file:/etc/auto.net.sub

auto.net.sub:
#*       ${host}:${prefix}/&
*       ${host}:/&

(This is the example from the autofs-howto, just made some additions/
changes)