On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > If you still need EIDE devices enabled (maybe you have cdrom reader etc)
> > you can add
> > append="hda=noprobe"
> > to lilo.conf
>
> Nope, its a scsi cdrom.
> I've tried append="hda=noprobe"  to no avail.
> Alas RH7.1 goes merrily probing for those eide stuff which aren't there,
> not that it affects the boot process, just unsightly and *annoying* .
> Bollocks !
> Tossers !
> And a few other words not fit for public consumption.

I suggested earlier that you check your BIOS settings again.  Turning off
the devices on the BIOS main page was not enough to stop the probe.  I
also had to disable Onboard PCI IDE in the Chip Settings menu.

Try it!

BTW, does "hda=noprobe" prevent probing of hda but not the others, or does
it have no effect whatsoever?

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences