I installed RH 7.2 on my old Toshiba Satellite 305CDS laptop (Pentium 166
MMX) tonight, I've tried it before but had the same problem.  The install
goes fine, but when it boots, it locks up on the part where it loads pcmcia.

I edited the services and told it not to start pcmcia and it boots just
fine.  I have 2 cards in it, a modem and a network card.  The nic is a 3com
3C589C and the modem is a Xircom 56K.  I don't care if the modem card
doesn't work, but I need the nic to work.  I've tried it with both cards
unplugged, but it still locks up and I have to cycle the power to get it back.

If I try to start the pcmcia service manually once the machine is booted,
it says "modules" then locks up and I have to cycle the power again.

Any ideas?  This same hardware was working under RH 6.2 just fine with a
default setup, I didn't have to touch anything to make it work.

Tnx,
Kerry