This doesn't answer your question specifically...but the best book I've
ever read in general about Linux (even though as far as I remember it
doesn't mention Linux) is O'Reilly's Unix Power Tools.

Thanks,
Sam

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 03:10:18PM -0500, Rob Wright wrote:
> Greetings all. I have been a SuSE user for several years, but I'm now
> moving to Red Hat for several reasons. Can anyone recommend a couple of
> books to read and reference? I'm interested in some nuts and bolts
> information on how the distro does things, how it's configured, etc. I'm
> not so interested in things like setting up printers, playing games or
> using a desktop environment, I've learned most of what I need to about
> those subjects.
>
> Thanks for any help or advice,
>
> Rob Wright
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> --

Sam Ockman, Chairman and CEO
Tel:  415-358-2600   Fax:  415-896-6742   Toll Free:  888-PENGUIN
Penguin Computing - The World's Most Reliable Linux Systems
www.penguincomputing.com