From: Tomás García Ferrari [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 10:12 AM
To: RedHat List
Subject: Problem with semaphores

Hello,

My server is day after day increasing the used semaphore arrays. My first
idea was that the daily apache restart (using /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd
restart) was causing this: there were a lot of apache owned semaphore
arrays.

I switched the restart command (to /usr/sbin/apachectl graceful) and this
helped a bit. The semaphore arrays don't increase so fast. But nevertheless,
they increase and at some point, they reach the 128 limit (and then Apache
won't start anymore...)

My problems are:
a. Most of the semaphore arrays are owned by root... How do I know which
ones can I safely delete?
b. How to avoid this increasing semaphore arrays problem..?

I will appreciate any help.

Regards,
Tomás

    Tomás García Ferrari