Iam trying to build the 2.4.19 kernel, The compile goes just fine with know
errors but when I run make bzdisk the boot floppy it creates does not work
when the machine boots and tries to read the files on the floppy I get this
error: "Invalid Compressed Format  (err=1) System Halted" I have tried
different floppy's. I have formated the floppy's before the files get copied
to the floppy and it still will not work. I have also tried running bzImage
and copying the  bzImage to a floppy, but I still get the same error.

The current kernel Iam running (2.4.18) boots just fine from a floppy, and iam
also able to create more boot disks for kernel (2.4.18) that work just fine.

to install the kernel I used

make mrproper
make xconfig
make dep
make bzdisk
make modules
make modules_install
cp /usr/src/linux-2.4.19/arch/i386/boot/bzImage  /boot/vmlinuz