>May not help. The common cause of a stopped process is a nondaemonised
>process in the background of an interactive job control shell. Such jobs
>are often set up by the shell to stop (via SIGTSTP) if they produce output
>to avoid cluttering things, or if they try to read from the terminal.

Interesting.
When I fire up an Oracle application using the bundled JRE 1.3xxxxx
I get a bunch of Jave process. When I exit the application, the processes
remain.  Since I'm not experienced with Jave, I wonder if this is a
similar phenomena?

Thanks

Robert Monical
Reservation Technologies, Inc.
Technology Solutions for Destination Marketing Organizations
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.restek.com