When I create a mail directory as a user the 'ls -l' output looks like
drwxrwxr-x    5 busby    busby        4096 Oct  3 16:57 mail

But if I create the mail directory as root for that user and (chmod
0775) the output looks like
drwxrwxr-x    2 root    root        4096 Oct  3 16:57 mail

When I create as root my PostFix install has a problem placing mail into
the ~/mail directory.  How can I switch the owner of the directory to
make the directory I created have the permissions of "5 busby busby" not
"2 root root".  What do the 5 and the 1 mean?