At 08:04 PM 10/5/02, Edward Marczak wrote:
>On 10/5/02 4:55 PM, "Martín Marqués" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> tapped the
>keys:
>
> > Is it really possible (I've been reading lots of discussions about this
> on the
> > net) to set virtual domain form MTA (on one side) and web servers (on the
> > other side) using only one IP on each one of the two servers (MTA
> server and
> > web-server), instead of using aliasing?
>
>Sure.  If you're using sendmail, you'll need to tell it the domains that it
>should receive for.  Under Apache, check out the Virtual Server directive.

I agree that both sendmail and apache can each handle multiple domains on a
single ip address (I have one box running these services for a dozen
domains), but I wonder if that is what Martin is asking exactly.  It sounds
like he might be saying that mail and web services will be running on
separate servers, but each of these servers providing those servers for the
same set of domains, all with a single ip address - I'm pretty sure you
cannot have two servers answering the same ip address - he would have to
setup subdomains for 'mail' and 'web', right?

Frank