The following command will block access to AOL from all client workstations
connected to the server:

/sbin/iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp -s 192.168.0.0/24 --destination-port 5190
-j DROP

Make sure that your source address (the "-s" option) is correct for your
network.

    MM> Thank you.  I have blocked using the following: ipchains -A input -s
    MM> 64.12.161.153 -j DENY

    MM> Packets are not being received so that worked.  But my ultimate goal
    MM> did not work...

    MM> This is what I want to do...  I work at a small school that runs on a
    MM> linux network.  We are having a problem with students downloading AIM
    MM> on our laptops and using it during class.  I want to block it on the
    MM> server.  Any suggestions?

    MM> Thanks so much, Meg

    MM> On Friday, October 4, 2002, at 02:41 PM, juaid wrote:

    >> From: "Meghan Madel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

    >> use iptables or ipchains
    >>
    >> regards,
    >>
    >> juaid
    >>

    >> --

Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 209-2467
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza Two                          E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  www.principiapartners.com