I know others have had problems with this, so I tested on my servers after
an upgrade (last week) and I don't notice any problems. One of my PHP
portals go hosed and cant connect to it from a web browser, but the other
3 and a webmail app that uses MySQL seem to work fine. I can even connect
to it and run queries from a Windows MySQL ODBC driver.

Here are my versions if this helps...

MySQL:
mysql-devel-3.23.49-3
mysql-server-3.23.49-3
php-mysql-4.1.2-7.3.4
mysql-3.23.49-3
mysqlclient9-3.23.22-6
mod_auth_mysql-1.11-1

Apache:
apacheconf-0.8.2-2
apache-devel-1.3.23-14
apache-manual-1.3.23-14
apache-1.3.23-14

PHP:
asp2php-0.76.2-1
php-ldap-4.1.2-7.3.4
php-manual-4.1.2-7.3.4
php-4.1.2-7.3.4
php-devel-4.1.2-7.3.4
php-mysql-4.1.2-7.3.4
asp2php-gtk-0.76.2-1
php-imap-4.1.2-7.3.4

GLibc
glibc-2.2.5-40
glibc-devel-2.2.5-40
glibc-kernheaders-2.4-7.16
glibc-common-2.2.5-40

If you need any further info for research, let me know. Again, mine works
fine and has since I upgraded glibc about a week or so ago...

--
Joe Giles
[EMAIL PROTECTED]