On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 10:47:34PM +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Oct 9, 2002, 22:28 (+0200) Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
>
> > ./configure --help
> > to get a list of options, and I see there, amongst others:
> >
> > --enable-FEATURE[=ARG]  include FEATURE [ARG=yes]
> >
> > but there's no explanation for the actually available features,
>
> > Where do I find a complete list of these 'FEATURE's I can use?

The line you are quoting is a generic help statement which is auto
generated by autoconf for any configure script built with the
gnu/autoconf tools. It is up to whoever writes the configure.in script
(which gets converted to the actual configure script) to document any
features that may be enabled in this way. Maybe this project has no
such features? Privoxy's configure --help output:

Optional Features:
  --disable-FEATURE       do not include FEATURE (same as --enable-FEATURE=no)
  --enable-FEATURE[=ARG]  include FEATURE [ARG=yes]
  --enable-mingw32         Use mingw32 for a Windows GUI
  --disable-pthread        Don't use POSIX threads (pthreads)
  --disable-toggle         Don't support temporary disable
  --disable-force          Don't allow single-page disable
  --disable-fast-redirects Don't support fast redirects
  --disable-killpopup      Never block popups
  --disable-stats          Don't keep statistics

[...]

So the first two are generated, hardwired examples of how to use
--enable/--disable. Those listed below that are some of the available
features that can be disabled/enabled at compile time for this
particular source. You can look at the relevant configure.in script to
see how this works.

--
Hal Burgiss