On Wednesday 09 October 2002 08:14 pm, you is done writ:
>I have a strange problem with a few boxes...  When the machines start up
>(with LAN cables plugged into the ethernet cards), they cannot see the
>network.  I unplug the cable from the card and plug it back in, and they're
>fine.  If it was just one box or just one type of card, I'd just figure it
>was the hardware.  But I have this problem with three different boxes.  Does
>anyone else have the same issue?  It's just wierd.

1. How long did you wait?
2. How many times has this happened consecutively?
3. Have you tried cleaning the plug  (either alcohol and a q-tip, or a
        pencil eraser?
4. Are they plugged into a switch?

        mark
--
Choose 1 of the below:
  1. Didn't know: incompetent and nonfeasant