On Thursday 10 October 2002 08:58 am, Canarich is done writ:
> I have Red hat 7.2 and when i make vi, it shows me the contains
> in 1 line. How can i do to display in all the screen?

The problem is that TERM isn't set, and vi doesn't know what kind of display
you have, so it's defaulting to a tty (which actually was short for teletype,
an input/output typewriter-like device that was used up through the early
seventies).

Simplest solution: assuming you're using bash as your shell, put in your
.bash_profile the line:
export TERM=vt100
and you'll be ok, the next time you log in. For your current session, type
the same thing in at the command prompt.

(Grammer hint: it's when you open a file in vi).

        mark
--
Message to Ashcroft:
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of