On Thu, 2002-10-10 at 11:34, David Busby wrote:
>       I was trying to install Courier-imap (cause I use Postfix with Maildir)
> and was having a devil of a time.  I've followed the install and other
> HOWTOs to the letter for this install and have not ever gotten it to
> work.

No you haven't.  The instructions tell you to build an rpm package if
you're using a Red Hat Linux system.  Specifying your own --sbindir,
etc, is likely to just cause problems.

http://www.courier-mta.org/status.html
About halfway down there are instructions labeled "Building RPMs".  This
is by far the easiest way to get Courier installed.  I have packages
available here if you continue to have trouble:
http://www.dragonsdawn.net/apt/