hmmmm.  I really started something here.  So I guess I might as well say
something else.
Windows = one s
MS-Windows = two s's (one big S and one small s)
X Window System = two s's (in System) (one big S and one small s)

:)
Steve
PS.  I am sorry I ever started this thread (in this way), even if it was an
accident.

At 04:32 PM 10/12/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>On Sat, 12 Oct 2002, Michael Tiernan wrote:
>
> > And, if you're going to admonish someone, be accurate, it isn't "Windows",
> > it's MS-Windows.  Every computer I have runs windows.  None of them run
> > MS-windows.
>
>ummm
>
>Are you referring to the X Window System? It has only one 's' in its name.
>
>   man 7x X
>
>The X Consortium requests that the following names be used
>when referring to this software:

>                             X Window System
>
>X Window System is a trademark of X Consortium, Inc.
>
><smile> -- Russ Herrold
>

>--
>
>--
>believed to be clean.