On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 10:58, Sudhaker P wrote:
> Hi Linus,
> Thanks a lot for the response.
> I've tried a different tape, and I'm getting the same error with a different
> tape. Could there be a SCSI failiure or so that could have caused this
> problem.

The other thing that comes to me is that the error messages imply that
parity checking is enabled on the SCSI adapter. I'm not familiar with
the particular tape drive you are using, but I have seen those that have
a jumper setting enabling or disabling parity for the device. You should
be able to either disable parity checking in the adapter, or enable it
on the tape drive. You didn't specifically mention that you have checked
the parity settings on both ends, so if you haven't already done so, try
that.

Linus