On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Freddy Chavez wrote:

> Hi folks. In RH 8.0 I add a route to
> /etc/sysconfig/static-routes such as:
>    eth2 host 172.25.29.1 gw 193.169.1.5
> Then, I restart network with '/etc/init.d/network
> restart' but the new route doesn't show with
> 'route'.
>
> I've been checking '/etc/init.d/network' and it
> seems that it configure only non-interface
> specific static-routes:
>
>     # Add non interface-specific static-routes.
>     grep "^any" /etc/sysconfig/static-routes
>
> How can I do to rerun all the routes in
> /etc/sysconfig/static-routes?

AFAIK, "service network restart" is the right way.  In you case I think
the entry in /etc/sysconfig/static-routes is incorrect syntatically.

One method to get an idea of correct syntax is to use the gui tool "neat"
and enter a static route there.  Otherwise I think the correct entry for
your example above is:

        host 172.25.29.1 gw 93.169.1.5